Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 15

Don't you just love technology?


People who have grown up in the technology era probably don't fully appreciate it.

They hadn't even come out with personal computers when I went to college.

We definitely didn't have cell phones or digital camera's or MP3's!

Now I have all 4 and I can talk to my family for free each day, either by cell phone or computer. We can post pictures on the computer or talk via Skype, even though my siblings are in the Marshall Islands and Illinois.

Ryan's closest friend he met through an online game 3 1/2 years ago. You hear horror stories of meeting the "wrong people" online, but Ryan has met some really nice people online. Jake is a Christian guy, one of 12 kids (all boys!!!), who lives in the same state we do. He's a really sharp guy, a few years older than Ryan, and he's been such a help to Ryan in the last few years. He encourages him and counsels him and they have so many laughs together.

Today Jake introduced Ryan (online) to a friend of his who is deaf and mute. Ryan talked to her online quite a bit today (she REALLY appreciates computers!) and right now they are on the phone, via an interpreter. Wow!

And of course, if it weren't for technology I wouldn't have met so many great friends on here. I hear about your families, your vacations, your recipes, your prayer requests.

"Aint" technology grand?

1 comment:

I love comments!